I head back to school and I am overwhelmed by the support that my classmates are giving me.
They've done a collection around the school and gathered up some supplies for me. I am touched by their outpouring of support. It is a complete surprise.
I am a "I can do it myself" kind of person, I don't want to rely on others. However, now I am learning to say "yes" when asked "can I help?" and learning to accept the help by saying "thank you".
More studying takes up the afternoon and I end up falling asleep while studying.
No crying today and I find myself surprised that my dreams don't include anything about the fire. However, I realize that since I didn't actually see my home burn, maybe that's why I am not having dreams about it.
We hear that on Wednesday, residents can return and start to go through what remains of their homes. I don't go to school on Fridays so we decide that Friday is the day we will return.
Again, I am hearing from friends and I am grateful for the communication. Any messages are nice. I also hear from a fire fighter I once dated who tells me how sad he is that I lost my home.
They've done a collection around the school and gathered up some supplies for me. I am touched by their outpouring of support. It is a complete surprise.
I am a "I can do it myself" kind of person, I don't want to rely on others. However, now I am learning to say "yes" when asked "can I help?" and learning to accept the help by saying "thank you".
More studying takes up the afternoon and I end up falling asleep while studying.
No crying today and I find myself surprised that my dreams don't include anything about the fire. However, I realize that since I didn't actually see my home burn, maybe that's why I am not having dreams about it.
We hear that on Wednesday, residents can return and start to go through what remains of their homes. I don't go to school on Fridays so we decide that Friday is the day we will return.
Again, I am hearing from friends and I am grateful for the communication. Any messages are nice. I also hear from a fire fighter I once dated who tells me how sad he is that I lost my home.